Wednesday, July 06, 2005

MOURNING DOVE

I was outside preparing to leave for work this morning, and I saw a mourning dove on the power line that runs over my garage.

I've always loved hearing these birds in the early morning and near dusk...the sound they make is beautiful to me.

After the outright sexual connotations I made in yesterday's post, this one may seem a bit tame. I make no apologies for how I felt yesterday...that's just the state of mind (and body) I was in and it couldn't be helped (unless you count a certain toy that I keep by my bedside).

But I'm feeling a little melancholy...the dove did that.

I remember that sound when we went camping. Waking up and settling down for the night. So soothing to the ear, it was a nice way to relax. There were afternoons when we would go back inside our tent, sometimes making love, and sometimes fucking like rabbits. Occasionally I'd straddle him as I rode him, slow and steady, making for a very pleasant afternoon.

Ok, I guess I'm still feeling a bit...hot. But I'm also feeling a bit romantic...sensitive, even. I could stand for a long talk in front of the fire...maybe share a margarita (to hell with sharing, get your own), listen to someone who, besides enjoying being in me, also likes being with me. How about lying on a blanket in a field where we can see the stars? If he doesn't know much about the constellations, we can learn them together.

I want to go camping.

Any nature lovers out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the sounds of the doves in the afternoon and it is the epitomy of the wilderness experience. It is one thing that I miss about the east - oh, we have them here, but they are not nearly as prolific as they are back east. I have to agree with Aphrodite as well! =)

baddandy said...

we are fortunate around my house to have morning doves in residence. there are several pair and they can be heard morning and evening cooing away. and then last week, i began to see one in particular. she was pure white (and i say that only because she was being pursued by a host of suitors). i have not seen her this week so maybe with my bad eyes it was just a confused pigeon.

sounds like we have 4 for the majic lake/hot tub and i'll supply the margaritas! where is this wonder land anyway? and if not . . .

i'll join you on that blanket and you can teach me all you know . . .

Wanting said...

..lets go then...

baddandy said...

come on................