Tuesday, August 16, 2005

BOILING WATER

As I stood out on the porch this evening, a gentle breeze blew through the windchimes I have hanging overhead.

The sound...was beautiful. Not too loud...perfect...and I closed my eyes for a moment, feeling the coolness of the air on my skin.

It was almost a perfect night. The birds you hear near dusk, the chirring of the locusts...no one outside that really made much noise. You could hear children playing in the distance.

All I needed...all I wanted......

Strong arms to hold me....gentle kiss on my neck...whisper in my ear..."what are we making for dinner?"

We...when we were together, all those years, only once did we actually make dinner together.

I always thought it was so romantic to do that...whether it was a nice full course meal or macaroni and cheese...extra cheese, of course...no matter the mess afterward, no matter that it may just be a pizza that was delivered...getting ready with plates and drinks while we talked and laughed...how can that not be romantic?

I swear the man that is lucky enough to open a box of mac and cheese for the two of us had better be romantic...or he will learn...

In case he's reading this....daisies are my favorite...I love the color blue...I like having my hair brushed...and I love it when you touch me.

~sigh~

10 comments:

Angry Android said...

You dig mac & cheese in a box? I'll make you some homemade macaroni & cheese that's so good you'll swear it's better than sex.

Well, maybe not sex, but it's pretty damn good.

Anonymous said...

Meals are a pretty intense form of intimacy - especially if you cook together. Will it be edible after you've gotten distracted ... well ...? ;)

BladeRunner said...

Never did I think I would read about Mac & Chesse on your site. Only you could mix love, romance, sex and Mac & Chesse into a sweet story.

Man in Blue

Buffalo said...

and I love reading you. What a beautiful soul you have.

baddandy said...

mac n cheese, with hot dogs cut up in it - pile on the shredded cheese

better than sex? not even close!!!

The Seeker said...

Ah, the allure of cooking together even when you don't like each other right then. The make-up sex is fantastic. Here, let me just smear a little of this cheese sauce on you.

Buffalo said...

On 2nd thought, though I'm not much into crap out of a box, I do fix a pretty damned good bait of biscuits, gravy, eggs and ham.

drunkbh said...

Awww. That's so sweet. I almost wish I was more romantic.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Computer new york Langs watches Montessori distance learning job checking cholesterol

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Answering services easton maryland Tawnee stone blowjobs At26t wireless flip phones dryer part 62 mitsubishi projection tv Acura keyless remote 1967 400 firebird pontiac