Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WORDS OF WISDOM?

Friendship may often end in love, but love in friendship, never.

Lewis said that in his post of yesterday, and it has caused such a flood of emotion I can barely type this.

It's been over a year, now, almost two. I was the one that broke it off, and it was the only time he showed how he felt.

It was too late. Too many times he'd let me down. Too many times I was ignored and treated as though I wasn't good enough for his family.

I fell out of that notion of love I'd held onto for years, always looking forward to the day when everything came together.

Now things are different, and although I don't want what we had, I want to be friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...love in friendship, never. Although this is what is probable, I tend not to belive in absolutes. From experience I can say that it can happen, but add that it took a lot of time.