Saturday, February 11, 2006

TO BUILD A FIRE

This morning I took the dog outside and there was a beautiful snowfall.

I heard a bird in the distance, one that was very adamant about being heard.

I could have sworn I also heard an owl.

I told myself I am going to get out camping more this year, and if there's no one that wants to go with me, it will just be me and the "boys."

Maybe I should do that.

This counting on a man to make my day (or is it night) makes for a lot of disappointment.

Besides, I can always take B.O.B.

I can take care of myself; the dogs are great protection (at least great intimidation).

I can build a fire and cook my dinner.

Just give me a bottle of premixed margaritas and I'm set.

Maybe it's not so bad being by myself after all.



Valentine's Day is Tuesday.




Fuck.

4 comments:

Buffalo said...

One is the loneliest number around - or so says the song. It ain't wrong.

watcher said...

what buffalo said... that song used to be a favorite until it began to hit too close... i've gotten used to it. i can go out and do whatever; now, i almost look forward to hiding in the woods for a little. i just make sure to interact with interesting people. i already tried the hermit routine; don't think i'll go back to that, but i value my alone time.

baddandy said...

sounds like the fire is taken care of - now we just need to make it warm inside the tent - any suggestions? maybe BOB has an idea

Wanting said...

Buffalo...no it isn't.

Watcher...I do enjoy my freedom...but sometimes you just want to hear someone's voice. A walk in the woods is good sometimes..I don't do it enough.

Badandy...come camping with m and we can leave BOB at home...